INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH US?
At TargetX, we’ve always been a little different.
Different in how we treat our clients, in how we treat each other and in the results we achieve. TargetX is a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging workplace. We’re a group of folks who love what we do and love the industry we serve and are the epitome of a work-hard, play-hard organization.
Does this sound like what you’re looking for? If so, check out the open positions below.
We Value Our People
We take care of our employees in more ways than one. We’ve got you covered with a competitive benefits package, a generous paternity leave policy, 401K matching, monthly catered lunches, dedicated volunteer days, and a variety of professional development opportunities. And we can’t forget to mention, so many snacks.
You’re in the Loop
We’re dedicated to ensuring all employees have the information they need to do their jobs well. Our quarterly all-hands meetings, monthly town halls and weekly email newsletter are just a few of the programs we run to bring our offices together and share key aspects of the business across the entire organization.
We get it — while work is an important part of your life it’s not your whole life. And we believe that quality time outside the office is crucial to your satisfaction at work. Our unlimited PTO policy encourages our team to take time off when they need it and our flexible work environment keeps work, family, and life balance front and center.
Positions available immediately
Reports to: CRO
Location: Philadelphia, PA; Oakland, CA; or within the territory listed below.
Territory: This position would handle the Southeast US territory that includes (territories will change based on the needs of the organization): Virginia, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Carolinas.
Travel Requirements: Ability to travel 60% of the time
TargetX is the leading higher education CRM solutions provider with enterprise-wide scalability, powered by the Salesforce platform. With our 21-year reputation for innovative technology and unparalleled industry expertise, we have become one of the most trusted names in higher education technology. Our community is a vibrant one, with over 450 institutions in 4 countries leveraging TargetX to help meet and exceed their campus goals.
TargetX is rebuilding the future of Ed-Tech for schools and is looking for strong, talented professionals for our Product and Engineering Teams. Whether your specialty is Big Data, Business Intelligence, or highly Scalable SaaS platforms, this may be the place for you. We’re 21-years old with 100’s of clients, but driving innovation with the focus, energy, and acceleration of a startup.
Make every student a graduate, and every graduate a success.
Along with our commitment to the TargetX CRM community, our company is devoted to supporting the community in which we live and work. That’s why we launched the Power of X in 2006, a company-wide philanthropic endeavor that gives back to amazing nonprofit organizations that support education-related causes, like Campus Philly and Cradles to Crayons.
Our Fundamental Values
At TargetX, we’ve always been a little different. Different in how we treat our clients, in how we treat each other and in the results that we achieve. That difference is best captured in our four Values that serve as the foundation of our unique company culture: We Care, We Have Grit, We Raise the Bar and We Use Candor.
TargetX is seeking an experienced, consultative SaaS sales professional who is passionate about applying technology to improve the recruitment and retention of students in higher education. The Account Executive is responsible for selling a suite of offerings to colleges and universities, including TargetX’s Recruitment CRM and Retention CRM solutions. This role reports to the head of sales and is responsible for achieving new sales quotas within the territory. The position is entrepreneurial and those who succeed in this role are 1) familiar with and passionate about higher education and higher education technology, 2) excellent problem solvers, and 3) successfully able to build relationships with all levels of staff within a university.
- Develop a territory plan to exceed monthly and quarterly sales targets
- Develop and execute account and opportunity strategies to win new business
- Lead prospects through the entire sales cycle from the first call to successful deal closure. This includes prospecting and managing inbound leads.
- Engage with prospects in a consultative process to thoroughly assess their needs and propose appropriate services
- Collaborate with Marketing on lead generation projects.
- Ensure successful sales through professional and timely responses, sound knowledge of services available, and timely sales execution.
- Travel as required to prospects, customers, or marketing events (approximately 60% travel)
Experience Required and Ideal Candidate Profile:
- 8+ years of overall work experience with a track record of success in consultative sales and solution selling of SaaS applications or IT consulting services; or background in management consulting, IT strategy, or technical sales support.
- An obvious passion for higher ed, technology, and technical sales with deep experience in or serving higher ed
- Excellent problem-solving skills with experience using technology to improve organizational processes
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact and communicate with all levels of an organization both internally and externally at a school
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Force.com, and AppExchange offerings a huge plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and working on and completing strategic and cross-functional projects
- Values working with a diverse & intelligent group of people committed to improving student success in higher ed
- The position will be in a TargetX office (Philadelphia, PA or Oakland, CA) or remote within the selling territory
- Must be able to travel
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
Competitive overall compensation based on base salary and commission. Competitive benefits package included. Please note that you must legally be authorized to work in the US for this position- Sponsorship is not available.